NOTE: Send all resumes to [email protected]
Field Technician Job Description
This technically competent field position involves the installation, maintenance, repair and support of voice, video and data communication systems. The Field Technician is responsible for remaining on rotational standby in order to prepare, dispatch, coordinate, and support all aspects of the regional customer field service requirements at any time.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and trouble-shooting/repair of satellite communications systems, VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, Intercom Systems, networking applications, and two-way radio systems, production sites, and at remote locations.
- Must be well-organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be available 24x7 when on call
- Up to 100% of time spent traveling when on call
- Must be able to take Job ownership throughout completion which includes: Time Sheets, Inventory Documentation, and Field Work Tickets
- Liaison with internal and external users to ensure the timely delivery of service.
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed and motorized satellite systems, including:
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of satellite modems.
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of Ku-band RF units.
- Assembly of fixed antenna systems
- Assembly of pop up antennas and trailer assembly
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed microwave systems, including:
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of microwave radio.
- Configuration, test and faultfinding of switches and wireless routers.
- To provide technical support and supervision of new hire Field Technicians, including on the job training where appropriate.
- To assist with the problem solving of technical issues within the company.
- Travel to customers sites, often at short notice.
- Work will require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or venders involved in the employee's daily tasks.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management.
- Communicate job progress to customers, coordinators and management.
- Basic computer and IP networking skills
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator
- Valid state driver license required; good driving record
- Field Technicians are expected to properly use of a variety of hand tools including handheld drills, screwdrivers, crescent wrenches and sockets etc.
- Test Equipment - able to use a range of suitable test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Wattmeters etc
- Ability to work to meet both customer and company demands within a short timeframe.
This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform essential job functions within a specific timeframe.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 70 lbs. occasionally.
Environmental Considerations: The employee must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager
Send all resumes to [email protected]